why

in 2009 with the loss of so many friends and mum,i decided that time had come to realise a dream,cycling end to end,but at near on 20 stone everyone thought i was crazy,a visit to the doctors had welcomed results with the advise not to diet ,take the training steady and eat a sensible heathy diet,and get regular checks with them from time to time,

out on the bike it was murder on my rear too much weight pressing down on such a small area,

the answer A RECUMBENT TRIKE ! and boy was it welcome.because i want to enjoy it 50 mile a day has been planned(20ish days)i have decided the only way i could afford it was to cycle camp,rough and ready but cheap

due to the length of the trip it will also be solo and un assisted,told you i was crazy

Thursday 3 March 2011

10 weeks tommorow (71 days)

Counting down.since coming up with the idea 2yrs ago, time has flown bye.Now I'm getting daily reminders that its fast approaching,

I do keep tweaking my plans, thanks Pete for the advise of try and keep my route as flat as possible with being on a recumbent,

Although going from one end to the other there is bound to be a few inclines and despite what people think north to south ain't down hill,in fact in relation to the earth axis its pulling up hill away as you head toward the equator(rambling)

Dave(tosh) came round yesterday to remind me he would sponsor my overnight camping fees,so thank you to his company MAN METALS,SHEFFIELD

David dean has agreed to drive my van to John o'groats to drop me off then plan is for him to meet me at my first camp site bettyhill on Saturday night before him and Ann his wife returns to Sheffield,i had planned on getting dad to drop me off but sue my sister says it would be too much for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews